I am on Government benefits

This is a complete list of Qualifying Benefits for a Government Heating Grant.

Here are a few important points to note.

  • The benefit must be registered at the address that is having the First Time Central Heating installed.
  • The benefit can be received by anyone that is registered as living at that address e.g. Income Based Job Seekers Allowance that is received by one of your children.
  • If you own the property, you must be listed as an owner at the Land Registry.
  • If you are a private tenant your landlord will have to consent to the First Time Central Heating being installed and your landlord must be listed as an owner of the property at the Land Registry.

Here is the list.

Pension Guarantee Credit *
Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
Income Support
Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
Tax Credits (including Working and Child Tax Credits) – No income threshold
Universal Credit – No income threshold
DWP Additional Benefits
Disability Living Allowance
Personal Independent Payment
Attendance Allowance
Carer’s Allowance
Industrial Injuries Allowance
Ministry of Defence Benefits
War Pension – not all types
Constant Attendance Allowance
Armed Forces Independence Allowance
* People in receipt of Pension Guarantee Credit & Pension Savings Credit are eligible, but if they only receive Pension Savings Credit they are not eligible.
These are the qualifying benefits.
Child Benefit/Family Allowance also qualifies, but income thresholds apply.
See table blow

Child Benefit Criteria

Number of Children1234 or more
Single Claimant   < £18,500<£23,000<£27,500<£32,000
Joint Claimants<£25,500<£30,000<£34,500<£39,000
Child Benefit is to be verified by self-declaration.

If you do not qualify on any of the benefits above, find out if you qualify on LA Flex

To find out more, or to request a no obligation survey